Saturday, September 3, 2011

Man! Is it late!!

Oh boy, I just got off work and it was THE best day of work ever! Those people I work with are so fun. Even though I started out my night with a flat tire that needed some fixing and being called into work because one of the girls was sick, it still turned out wonderful. Now I admit that some of the things I did tonight weren't very spectacular or on the list of things I want to do again... it was still enjoyable. I'll share some stories about what really went down at work today....
#1 I get to work and there is a sign for me saying that for a "weekly" I needed to help Ashley clean the grease-trap. Okay many people don't know what that is so I'll explain. It's a big box that acts as a strainer for everything that goes down the drains of the sinks. I had to teach Ashley how because she's never done it before. We were about done and Cassidy poured water into the sink causing the thing to fill up again so we had to do it twice! Ugh. The whole time doing this, we were both contemplating the importance of oxygen because of the fact that the grease-trap smells absolutely awful! It's not pleasant AT ALL!!!
#2 My second weekly of the night was to put up the clear, plastic things that hold those informational papers that are on the stall in front of you where you are using the restroom. It wouldn't have been as bad if I got to do it in the girls bathroom. That's right, I had to put them up in the BOYS bathroom. I cautiously walk in there and start scrapping the previous sticky stuff off the walls by the urinals... (Those things are sooooo gross!!!) I'm standing in front of one and a man walks into the bathroom. He looks at me and says, "oh sorry, I don't want to interrupt you while you do.... whatever it is your doing in the men's restroom." I just told him sorry and that I was leaving... It was AWKWARD! It kinda continued on  like this for three more times and it took forever! Finally Sara came in to help me and as we were finishing up the last one, some boy walks in and looks at both of us as were leaving the bathroom, he says, "wow, awkward much?" What the heck does that mean?! Well since we were done, I crossed that off of somethings that I only wanted to do one time, EVER!
#3 My third weekly was to drive some cleaning supplies and papers to Fiddlers 6. Driving weekly's are my favorite! You get paid to sit in your car and listen to music! How COOL is that?! Well I'm driving down Main Street and there is a huge semi truck just chillin' on the side of the road with almost the whole front end of the truck is sticking out onto the road, in the EXACT lane I was driving in. Well, obviously I needed to get out of that lane. I would've but a truck was on the other side of me. So I did something extremely scary... I gunned it in the hope that I could make the swerve around the semi without hitting the truck. I did it... BARELY! The truck didn't even slow down to let me get passed the semi so I almost died!! But John, one of the managers, told me that if I were to get injured Westates would have to cover the whole thing...
#4 The last hour and a half I was working, Sara and Ashley were helping me learn many new things... (haha, had to be there for that one). Those two girls are my favorite!
#5 Clarissa and I talked in the parking lot after work for like 30 minutes and it was so great! She's super sweet and it really means a whole lot to me that she trusts me with stuff she tells me. Also we made plans to go to lunch on Tuesday and I'm really excited because we're going to the Thunderbird Cafe which is like the school cafeteria at the college. I haven't ever been inside but I've passed it a million times walking to class and stuff.
Haha. Okay that's all! I'm going to bed... Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment