Sunday, September 11, 2011

Smile!

I had a very enjoyable Sunday. It started out at the mission farewell of my friend Erik. He's going to Germany, where in fact he will be speaking German. It's so fun to see my friend's leave for missions. Yes, it is sad to say goodbye but  I know that they are doing something wonderful and that it brings many blessings for all those involved. Afterwards, my friends and I went to Ally's house to make cookies. I love cookies! It was so much fun to be with them because I haven't really hung out with them since I graduated. We made the cookies and ate them and then it was time to go to Erik's house because he invited us to come to a farewell dinner thing. We decided to walk there and at the time, we didn't think it was going to be that far... it was like a whole mile! Not to mention it was windy and cold... It was still fun because we got to just be with each other. At Erik's, there was so much yummy food! There were soo many people that came. It was crazy! The entire school was there supporting him! My friend Tina was in town this weekend too. It was so good to see her! She's like my best friend and I haven't seen her for two months!
Needless to say that I have amazing friends and I'm happy of the wonderful example they set for me!
I'm sitting on my porch right now and I'm beginning to rethink that idea because it is soo cold! It has been raining all day long and this is the coldest weather we've had here in a long time!
If anyone has ever seen "Waiting for Forever" its like the saddest movie of all time. I was thinking it was going to be a cute little romance that would make me feel so happy about life but that was not the case... It was sad, but it was also good in some weird way. I like romance-y things but lately they haven't been very up-lifting! It's a pity too because I always used to think that my life was going to turn out to be some amazing 'Happily Ever After' moment and it's starting to become real to me that the way Disney Princess's live their lives doesn't actually happen... As much as I would like to think, I can't have little forest animals clean my house while we sing a catchy tune or have them frolic with me through large fields of flowers. And the saddest part of all is that my prince won't be coming for me on a beautiful white horse... :( I'm sorry if whoever reads this still thinks it will happen for them one day, but if you want, you can still go on thinking that! Even though it might never happen for me that way, I still love to sing the songs that help me think that it might. 'Someday my prince will come...' 'I'm wishing, for the one I love, to find me, today!' I can't help but sing the songs... They really are catchy! It the movie I just watched, one of the characters said, 'Life isn't a bowl of cherries, everything doesn't turn out just peachy.' I still hope that it does! :)

1 comment:

  1. BEC! You're still young! Don't give up on your "happily ever after" happening because it will!

    ReplyDelete